Cosmological explorer Chris Bache tells what he discovered on his extraordinary journey, doing 73 high-dose LSD sessions over a period of twenty years. Motivated by a passion to find out more about the universe, Chris became intimate with the ocean of suffering in our collective psyche, the death/rebirth cycle, the preciousness of individuality, integrating consciousness at very high levels of energy, and the future of humanity. Chris explains a universal intelligence met him every step of the way. A modern-day Odysseus, who has explored realms far beyond our normal perceptions of reality, Chris’ presence is profoundly compassionate, grounded in a uniquely deep trust in the love and intelligence of the universe. Recorded on October 25, 2021.
Topics & Time Stamps – Part 1
- How WEIRD cultures looked at reality through a monophasic lens clear up till the 1960s—only taking waking reality seriously—whereas other cultures have a polyphasic perception that includes induced altered states, from dreams, meditation, plant medicine, etc. (01:39)
- Psychedelics, a most potent way to induce altered states with profound spiritual applications, and introducing Chris Bache, cosmological explorer (04:42)
- What motivated Chris to begin his quest? The passion to understand our universe and not only the personal unconscious but the collective unconscious (11:19)
- 20-year journey following Stan Grof’s protocol, 73 high dose LSD sessions (13:21)
- The model of individual awakening and accelerating personal development led to a much broader, collective field of healing and transformation (14:16)
- Intimate relationship with the divine said the book (LSD and the MInd of the Universe) needed to come forward now, even though it exposes so much (16:22)
- The value Chris found in the experience of personal and collective suffering: a cycle of suffering, breakthrough, purification, and ecstasy of insight (17:09)
- Consciousness was waiting every step of the way on this journey to bring ecstasy back into time/space consciousness (21:18)
- The ocean of suffering in our collective psyche (23:53)
- From transpersonal to being an instrument for the transformation of collective consciousness (28:37)
- Using psilocybin would be wiser, gentler—less explosive, less shattering (32:42)
- In Chris’ death/rebirth experiences: what actually dies? (34:36)
- Each different substance has a different range in opening us up (37:39)
- The shamanic persona (39:36)
- Every step deeper into the universe is a step into a higher level of energy: stabilizing consciousness at extremely high levels of energy (41:39)
- Death and rebirth is stage specific: at each gate there is a sacrifice asked (42:13)
- The concept of death yields to the concept of purification (42:54)
- What doesn’t die? (43:34)
- The birth of the diamond soul (45:54)
Resources & References – Part 1
- Chris Bache, Dark Night, Early Dawn*
- Chris Bache, The Living Classroom*
- Chris Bache, Lifecycles*
- Chris Bache, LSD and Mind of the Universe (Diamonds from Heaven)*
- Grof Legacy Training
- Erika Bourguignon, a founder of the field Anthropology of Consciousness, and a premier anthropological authority on trance, possession, and altered states of consciousness
- Stanislav Grof, Realms of the Human Unconscious*
* As an Amazon Associate, Deep Transformation earns from qualifying purchases.
Chris Bache, Ph.D. is professor emeritus in the department of Philosophy and Religious Studies at Youngstown State University where he taught for 33 years. He is also adjunct faculty at the California Institute of Integral Studies, Emeritus Fellow at the Institute of Noetic Sciences, and on the Advisory Board of Grof Legacy Training. Chris’ passion has been the study of the philosophical implications of non ordinary states of consciousness, especially psychedelic states. An award-winning teacher and international speaker, Chris has written four books: Lifecycles, a study of reincarnation in light of contemporary consciousness research; Dark Night, Early Dawn, a pioneering work in psychedelic philosophy and collective consciousness; The Living Classroom, an exploration of collective fields of consciousness in teaching; and LSD and the Mind of the Universe, the story of his 20-year journey with LSD.
Podcast produced by Vanessa Santos and Show Notes by Heidi Mitchell
Presented by iAwake Technologies’ innovative, sound tech infused, brain wave entraining audio track
“Blissful, stunning, heartfelt, high, and breathtaking.”~ Christopher Worthing
“With the use of the Infinity program I’ve accelerated my regular mediation practice (I’ve been an avid meditator since I was 11 years old, so for 45 years now), but with the Infinity I’ve added an additional hour to my daily mediation by listening to it mid-day. I’ve noticed increased insights that have been very supportive for my spiritual growth and even for my health.”~ Dhebi DeWitz
iAwake Technologies was founded in 2010 with the mission of helping the world to heal, wake up, and evolve, through creating and offering cutting-edge, transformational technologies and promoting and inspiring their skillful use in our daily lives.
iAwake’s unique approach to session design entrains both our nervous and our subtle energy systems by combining traditional entrainment methods with newer applications based on the power of resonance. In addition to increasing intelligence, creativity, flow, and skillfulness in practically any activity that requires the human body-mind, with iAwake Technologies, we enter into deep healing brainwave states almost immediately while listening to these audio tracks.
To see what we are talking about, download a free sample of Stealing Flow’s Warm-up track here for a 25-minute, full-spectrum, whole-brain workout.
“I have enjoyed many [meditation technologies] but my VERY favorite meditations come from a company called iAwake Technologies. The science behind their technology is impeccably researched and I don’t think I have ever gone so deep into my practice as when I use their meditation tracks. Actually I bought so many and sent so many people to their website, they wrote to find out who the heck I was!”~ Colette Baron-Reid, world-renowned intuitive counselor, psychic medium, author, TV personality, and radio host. They call her the Oracle.