Colette Baron-Reid – What is Intuition? Curiosity is a Superpower, Our Evolutionary Gift is in the Shadow, Radical Acceptance, and Living in Partnership with the Universe
Colette Baron-Reid is an internationally acclaimed Oracle expert, thought leader, and speaker in the personal transformation space. With over 30 years of experience as an Oracle & intuition expert, Colette’s greatest joy is teaching people they can have a direct and personal dialogue with the Universe to help them create their best lives. Colette is a best-selling author of multiple life-changing books including The Map, published in 27 languages. Her popular meditation apps and Oracle Card decks are worldwide hits, and she was the star of the hit TV series, “Messages from Spirit” and highly popular Hay House call-in radio show, “Ask the Oracle.” Colette is also the founder and creator of Oracle School—where people learn to transform their lives using Oracle Cards as a guidance system.
“We are in co-creative relationship with a conscious Universe.”
In this lively, eye-opening conversation, intuitive and oracle Colette Baron-Reid talks about how intuition is available to each one of us and how we can use it to navigate our lives, about why we need to practice radical acceptance now more than ever, about facing our shadow to find our biggest gifts and liberate our lives, about what it takes to cultivate hope and override fear, and about the transformative power of the Twelve Steps. Colette’s deep, practical, psychological wisdom comes like a transmission: “I am not a mistake. Nobody is broken. I trust in my partnership with the Universe. Who can I impact in a positive way?” Colette also tells stories from her past with verve and humor, and we discover how she came to be the wise and popular teacher, guide, and healer she is today. Recorded on November 22, 2021.
Topics & Time Stamps
- What is intuition? (07:42)
- Colette’s early years: finding out she was Jewish, her psychic Scottish nanny, and all the confusing things that led to addiction (10:59)
- Tasseomancy, Spirit and symbolism, ancient practices of divination, and how nature speaks to us (18:40)
- An inherited sense of lack of safety and Colette’s book The Map (20:26)
- The evolutionary gift is in the shadow (21:07)
- Our invitation right now in these times of pandemic is to be present to all of it and not judge any of it: radical acceptance (23:24)
- What do we do with our anger and how do we make it work for us? (28:28)
- Filling our minds with what is important: who can I impact in a positive way? (30:29)
- Compassion and kindness…micro steps are the way to change (31:50)
- Make curiosity your superpower (34:43)
- Hold life as an experiment: we’re not always going to get things right (35:12)
- How we weaponize our emotions, project feelings, and create polarization (36:59)
- Respons-a-bility plus trusting in our partnership with the Universe is where hope lies (39:54)
- Colette’s spiritual awakening: I am not a mistake. Nobody is broken. And the fundamental flaw fallacy (41:12)
- Being hopeful is harder than being fearful (47:31)
- How Colette found her path as a healer: “it chose me” (49:54)
- Following the crumbs is the evolution of Colette’s world (54:04)
- The power of the Twelve Steps could change the world (56:46)
- Today’s problems are yesterday’s solutions (1:00:40)
- The need for nuance and innovation in our conversations (1:02:28)
- Step 3 and Step 11: Surrendering to the will of the divine (1:05:15)
- Service is enlightened self-interest (1:08:08)
- Colette’s daily practices to help her stay in touch with Source (1:10:01)
- The underestimated effects of practicing gratitude (1:12:03)
- The Twelve Steps in a nutshell (1:13:03)
Resources & References
- Colette Baron-Reid.com, Colette’s books, The Oracle School
- Helen Palmer, Enneagram expert
- Ryan Goldman’s Enneagram*
- Wayne Dyer, author and speaker in the fields of self-development and spiritual growth
- Princeton University, The Global Consciousness Project
- Colette Baron-Reid, The Map: Finding the Magic and Meaning in the Story of Your Life*
- Jungian psychology, and the concept of active imagination
- Joseph Campbell, The Hero with a Thousand Faces*
- Bruce Lipton, The Wisdom of Your Cells*, The Biology of Belief*
- Ruth King, Mindful of Race: Transforming Racism from the Inside Out*
- The fundamental flaw fallacy
- Colette’s Oracle School of transformation
- Thomas Hubl, Gabor Mate on collective trauma
- The Haindl Tarot
- Leigh Spusta and iAwake Technologies’ Alpha Arising
- Brother David Steindl-Rast, Gratefulness.org
* As an Amazon Associate, Deep Transformation earns from qualifying purchases.
Podcast produced by Vanessa Santos and Show Notes by Heidi Mitchell
Presented by iAwake Technologies’ innovative, sound tech infused, brain wave entraining audio track
Energy Flows by Colette Baron-Reid
“I’m getting unstuck and these Energy Flows are definitely part of the opening equation.”~ Christopher Griffin
“I love all the tracks and they came at a perfect time. I’ve been studying and rediscovering my chakras and trying to add a new meditation to them — then the energy tracks came along and now I have a fresh tool to use in working with my chakras. For the tracks being short in duration, I did not expect the quality and positive effects they would provide. With most all the tracks I could feel my chakras open. Also, many of the tracks showed me areas I need to work on—things I already knew, but now a new way to approach it with the tools from the energy tracks. I enjoy the guided meditations — almost like a story that you can make yours.”~ Rodney Styers
iAwake Technologies was founded in 2010 with the mission of helping the world to heal, wake up, and evolve, through creating and offering cutting-edge, transformational technologies and promoting and inspiring their skillful use in our daily lives.
iAwake’s unique approach to session design entrains both our nervous and our subtle energy systems by combining traditional entrainment methods with newer applications based on the power of resonance. In addition to increasing intelligence, creativity, flow, and skillfulness in practically any activity that requires the human body-mind, with iAwake Technologies, we enter into deep healing brainwave states almost immediately while listening to these audio tracks.
To see what we are talking about, download a free sample of Stealing Flow’s Warm-up track here for a 25-minute, full-spectrum, whole-brain workout.
“I have enjoyed many [meditation technologies] but my VERY favorite meditations come from a company called iAwake Technologies. The science behind their technology is impeccably researched and I don’t think I have ever gone so deep into my practice as when I use their meditation tracks. Actually I bought so many and sent so many people to their website, they wrote to find out who the heck I was!”~ Colette Baron-Reid, world-renowned intuitive counselor, psychic medium, author, TV personality, and radio host. They call her the Oracle.