Jamie Wheal (Part 2) – The Psychedelic Renaissance, Hedonic Engineering, Group Coherence, Soul Force & Radical Hope: Ramping Up Human Evolution in Time to Avert Disaster
“How do we do this human thing with our heads up and our hearts open and not get crushed by the tragedies and absurdities of it all?”
“How can we tune into the wisdom, the transpersonal heights?”
In this riveting, mind opening (and bending) conversation, philosopher and peak performance expert Jamie Wheal takes our existential metacrisis head on, asking and often answering the biggest questions we, the human race, face today. More than inspirational, this conversation is like an infusion of the energetic, coherent, transpersonal potential of human beings. Guaranteed, you won’t see things the same way after listening. Recorded on September 15, 2021.
Topics & Timestamps – Part 2
- Die before you die and come back open-hearted with a hell, yes! (03:52)
- A plug for good, old-fashioned human love and rootsy wisdom (06:05)
- How do we come together in “healthy” (ethical) cults/communitas? Collective coherence (08:02)
- The Lucifer effect in “culty” cults and the golden shadow (17:12)
- Jerry Garcia channeling quicksilver starlight: what was that? (25:21)
- Peak experience technologies need to be scalable and open source (26:43)
- The Quaker influence (27:47)
- What is group coherence? Something happens when we sync humans together. (30:23)
- What is the non-corporeal information and inspiration layer that people access in their breakthroughs and how do we get there? (31:25)
- What’s next for humanity? A new operating level: a transrational space (33:00)
- Letting the mystery stay the mystery and premature cognitive commitment (41:23)
- Radical hope and the courage of mice (and men) (43:01)
- The future of humanity: soul force or bust (45:01)
Resources & References – Part 2
- Jamie Wheal, Recapture the Rapture*
- Huston Smith, religious scholar, Cleansing the Doors of Perception*
- The Ten Ox Herding Pictures from the Zen tradition
- Hafiz, “A Hole in a Flute,” The Gift*
- JRR Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings*
- Anthropos, Greek word for human. Mystical sense of perfected, integrated, balanced human
- David Foster Wallace, postmodern author and professor
- Zachary Stein, Education in a Time Between Worlds*
- Genpo Roshi and Diane Hamilton, the Big Mind process
- Jerry Garcia and the The Grateful Dead
- Elton Trueblood, Quaker author and theologian
- Hameed Almaas, founder of the Diamond Approach*
- Andrew Huberman & Stanford University School of Medicine colleagues’ study what switches on courage in the brains of mice
- Ramakrishna, Hindu mystic and religious leader
- Jamie Wheal, Stealing Fire*
- Jamie Wheal, Recapture the Rapture*
- Jamie Wheal’s The Flow Genome Project
* As an Amazon Associate, Deep Transformation earns from qualifying purchases.
Jamie Wheal is the author of Recapture the Rapture: Rethinking God, Sex and Death In a World That’s Lost Its Mind and the global bestseller Stealing Fire: How Silicon Valley, Navy SEALs, and Maverick Scientists Are Revolutionizing the Way We Live and Work. He’s also the founder of the Flow Genome Project, an international organization dedicated to the research and training of human performance. Jamie’s work and ideas have been covered in The New York Times, Financial Times, Wired, Entrepreneur, Harvard Business Review, Forbes, Inc., and TED. Jamie has spoken at Stanford University, MIT, the Harvard Club, Imperial College, Singularity University, the U.S. Naval War College and Special Operations Command, Sandhurst Royal Military Academy, the Bohemian Club, and the United Nations.
Podcast produced by Vanessa Santos and Show Notes by Heidi Mitchell
Presented by iAwake Technologies’ innovative, sound tech infused, brain wave entraining audio track
“I love these tracks and use them every day whilst working. They increase my output and help me achieve more effortlessly.”~ KM
Visit our Free Track page to get a FREE copy of Stealing Flow: Warm-Up, a 25-minute brainwave entrainment audio track for a full-spectrum, whole-brain workout ideal to listen to before beginning your day’s work, or as a morning meditation.
“I found Warm-up to be an amazing track. The blending of alpha, delta, gamma, and then back to alpha seemed to really give me the jump start I needed in the morning.”~ Cynthia Entringer
iAwake Technologies was founded in 2010 with the mission of helping the world to heal, wake up, and evolve, through creating and offering cutting-edge, transformational technologies and promoting and inspiring their skillful use in our daily lives.
iAwake’s unique approach to session design entrains both our nervous and our subtle energy systems by combining traditional entrainment methods with newer applications based on the power of resonance. In addition to increasing intelligence, creativity, flow, and skillfulness in practically any activity that requires the human body-mind, with iAwake Technologies, we enter into deep healing brainwave states almost immediately while listening to these audio tracks.
To see what we are talking about, download a free sample of Stealing Flow’s Warm-up track here for a 25-minute, full-spectrum, whole-brain workout.
“I have enjoyed many [meditation technologies] but my VERY favorite meditations come from a company called iAwake Technologies. The science behind their technology is impeccably researched and I don’t think I have ever gone so deep into my practice as when I use their meditation tracks. Actually I bought so many and sent so many people to their website, they wrote to find out who the heck I was!”~ Colette Baron-Reid, world-renowned intuitive counselor, psychic medium, author, TV personality, and radio host. They call her the Oracle.