Culture wars, polarization, discernment versus condemnation, how our psychological development determines political attitudes and values, and how Integral perspectives help us understand them all. A candid conversation, ranging from global current events to personal spiritual turning points, with endearing, brilliant, and optimistic Integral pundit Jeff Salzman. Recorded on September 2, 2021.
Topics & Timestamps – Part 1
- Bringing Integral theory, big-picture, deep-picture, multiple perspectives to current events: that’s Jeff! (03:59)
- Stages of development and how culture wars & our current polarization is necessary for our evolution (09:00)
- Our individual cosmic address, integrating stages of consciousness, the mythic self, and the new tier emerging from post-modernity (10:55)
- Jeff’s own life stages — the tribal stage, the red f*** you phase, modern Jeff vs. traditional Jeff vs. postmodern Jeff and how Integral can make all of it work for all of us (13:58)
- MAGAstan vs. Woke-astan (21:39)
- Traditionalists, modernists, and postmodernists dysfunctional sides: welcome to evolution (28:35)
- The agenda of the universe (40:55)
Resources & References – Part 1
- Jeff Salzman’s The Daily Evolver podcast
- Jeff Salzman’s The Post-Progressive Post podcast
- Ken Wilber, One Taste*
- Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead*
- Fifth studio album by English rock band Yes, Close to the Edge*
- Ken Wilber, Up from Eden*
- Joseph Campbell, The Hero’s Journey*
- Clare Graves, the Sensitive Self, adult developmental stages psychologist foundational to Spiral Dynamics
* As an Amazon Associate, Deep Transformation earns from qualifying purchases.
Jeff Salzman is a current events junkie who delights in interpreting emerging politics and culture through a lens of consciousness evolution, presented in his lively and informative podcast, The Daily Evolver. For three years, Jeff worked with Ken Wilber in developing the Integral Institute and their historic seminars on integral application in business, psychology, and spirituality. Jeff is also on the board of philosopher Steve McIntosh’s think tank, The Institute for Cultural Evolution, and co-founder of CareerTrack Training, an adult education company. A long-time practitioner in several spiritual traditions, Jeff has taught meditation and led many retreats. He has a master’s degree in Indo-Tibetan Buddhism from Naropa University.
Podcast produced by Vanessa Santos and Show Notes by Heidi Mitchell
Presented by iAwake Technologies’ innovative, sound tech infused, brain wave entraining audio track
“I felt a potency and hopefulness that has been missing for me for some time.””~ Neal
Re-enchantment achieved in an extraordinary way connecting to states of inner joy, inducing states of deep relaxation and peace, and progressing to the profound experience of pure awareness.”~ J.P.
iAwake Technologies was founded in 2010 with the mission of helping the world to heal, wake up, and evolve, through creating and offering cutting-edge, transformational technologies and promoting and inspiring their skillful use in our daily lives.
iAwake’s unique approach to session design entrains both our nervous and our subtle energy systems by combining traditional entrainment methods with newer applications based on the power of resonance. In addition to increasing intelligence, creativity, flow, and skillfulness in practically any activity that requires the human body-mind, with iAwake Technologies, we enter into deep healing brainwave states almost immediately while listening to these audio tracks.
To see what we are talking about, download a free sample of Stealing Flow’s Warm-up track here for a 25-minute, full-spectrum, whole-brain workout.
“I have enjoyed many [meditation technologies] but my VERY favorite meditations come from a company called iAwake Technologies. The science behind their technology is impeccably researched and I don’t think I have ever gone so deep into my practice as when I use their meditation tracks. Actually I bought so many and sent so many people to their website, they wrote to find out who the heck I was!”~ Colette Baron-Reid, world-renowned intuitive counselor, psychic medium, author, TV personality, and radio host. They call her the Oracle.