Jeff Salzman (Part 2) – Polarization, Being Woke, the Universal Agenda, Mindfulness Going Bad, and the Integral Vision
Culture wars, polarization, discernment versus condemnation, how our psychological development determines political attitudes and values, and how Integral perspectives help us understand them all. A candid conversation, ranging from global current events to personal spiritual turning points, with endearing, brilliant, and optimistic Integral pundit Jeff Salzman. Recorded on September 2, 2021.
Topics & Timestamps – Part 2
- Afghanistan best case scenario and Integral fundamentalism (00:52)
- All fear drops in the new developmental tier (03:38)
- On integrating multiple perspectives; cultivating discernment and fostering acceptance simultaneously (05:32)
- How mindfulness practice can go bad (10:52)
- Peter Levine and somatic releasing: spiritual practice alone doesn’t do it (13:04)
- Finding God, faith, a don’t know space, 2nd person practice (13:47)
- On being in the zone and Ken Wilber’s early flow days (24:21)
- The practice of remembering God (27:12)
- Making friends with death (31:36)
- How Ken Wilber’s Integral illuminates reality (33:17)
- Current metatheories and the developmental lens (39:08)
- One’s own suffering becomes a portal into the suffering of others: the Bodhisattva aspiration (46:51)
- Physical body, energetic body, spiritual body (51:11)
Resources & References – Part 2
- Carl Jung, Psychology and Religion: West and East, Vol II*
- Dan Lawton, When Buddhism Goes Bad
- Peter Levine, Waking the Tiger*
- Scott Peck, The Road Less Traveled*
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, Flow*
- Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass*
- Rabbi Meshulam Zusha of Anapoli
- Critical realism
- Edgar Morin, Complexity Theory*
- Jeff Salzman’s The Daily Evolver podcast
- Jeff Salzman’s The Post-Progressive Post podcast
* As an Amazon Associate, Deep Transformation earns from qualifying purchases.
Jeff Salzman is a current events junkie who delights in interpreting emerging politics and culture through a lens of consciousness evolution, presented in his lively and informative podcast, The Daily Evolver. For three years, Jeff worked with Ken Wilber in developing the Integral Institute and their historic seminars on integral application in business, psychology, and spirituality. Jeff is also on the board of philosopher Steve McIntosh’s think tank, The Institute for Cultural Evolution, and co-founder of CareerTrack Training, an adult education company. A long-time practitioner in several spiritual traditions, Jeff has taught meditation and led many retreats. He has a master’s degree in Indo-Tibetan Buddhism from Naropa University.
Podcast produced by Vanessa Santos and Show Notes by Heidi Mitchell
Presented by iAwake Technologies’ innovative, sound tech infused, brain wave entraining audio track
“I felt a potency and hopefulness that has been missing for me for some time.””~ Neal
Re-enchantment achieved in an extraordinary way connecting to states of inner joy, inducing states of deep relaxation and peace, and progressing to the profound experience of pure awareness.”~ J.P.
iAwake Technologies was founded in 2010 with the mission of helping the world to heal, wake up, and evolve, through creating and offering cutting-edge, transformational technologies and promoting and inspiring their skillful use in our daily lives.
iAwake’s unique approach to session design entrains both our nervous and our subtle energy systems by combining traditional entrainment methods with newer applications based on the power of resonance. In addition to increasing intelligence, creativity, flow, and skillfulness in practically any activity that requires the human body-mind, with iAwake Technologies, we enter into deep healing brainwave states almost immediately while listening to these audio tracks.
To see what we are talking about, download a free sample of Stealing Flow’s Warm-up track here for a 25-minute, full-spectrum, whole-brain workout.
“I have enjoyed many [meditation technologies] but my VERY favorite meditations come from a company called iAwake Technologies. The science behind their technology is impeccably researched and I don’t think I have ever gone so deep into my practice as when I use their meditation tracks. Actually I bought so many and sent so many people to their website, they wrote to find out who the heck I was!”~ Colette Baron-Reid, world-renowned intuitive counselor, psychic medium, author, TV personality, and radio host. They call her the Oracle.