Thomas Hübl (Part 2) – Healing Collective Trauma: We Are All Shareholders in a Traumatized World
Thomas Hübl, renowned spiritual teacher, author, expert on collective trauma, and creator and facilitator of The Collective Trauma Integration Process, shares fascinating, life changing information about the dynamics of collective trauma—how it is embodied and perpetuated in the language we use, and how we are bound together in a sort of “mutual collusion” that predisposes us to repeat our past, and to repeat over and over the things we would much rather leave behind. With remarkable insight and wisdom garnered from years of study, exploration, and effectively working with large groups to integrate collective shadow, Thomas also explains how we can create space for a new future by metabolizing the suffering held in both our personal and collective unconscious and making awakening and spiritual clarity the indubitable priority of our lives. Recorded at the Science and Nonduality Conference, October 2019, with Dr. Roger Walsh, John Dupuy, and Douglas Prater.
“Healing the broken glass of reality.”
Note: This podcast was recorded live and includes, at times, some extraneous noises in the background. Please excuse them — we felt the conversation was very valuable and well worth sharing with our audience. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Topics & Time Stamps – Part 2
- The work of purification is more than only shadow work (00:48)
- Shadow, encoded trauma, and the “it-ification” of processes: how language embodies and perpetuates shadow (02:40)
- We are in mutual collusion in perpetuating shadow in this collectively traumatized world (06:22)
- Language keeps the past in place and the destiny of humanity fixated (08:50)
- Our relational network is an extension of our immune system (10:43)
- The word is creation and the art of truth telling is a practice (11:10)
- Climate change is an externalization of the pollution in our interiors (15:44)
- The need for us (and our leaders) to say I’m sorry to each other publicly (16:52)
- Letting go of the need for comfort (20:01)
- We are all writing or composing our experience moment by moment (22:07)
- We find God in the deepest expression of our own purpose (23:42)
- Our energy needs to be consciously integrated to clear a space for a new future (27:37)
- It is essential to adjust our practice over time (31:11)
- Spiritual clarity = knowing what we see and also what we don’t see is God’s will (35:05)
- Opening to the bottomless mystery (37:45)
- Walking the path of karma yoga (39:36)
Resources & References – Part 2
- Collective Trauma Summit 2021: Collective Healing in Action
- William Ury, leading expert on negotiation and mediation and best selling author of Getting to Yes* (with Roger Fisher and Bruce Patton), Getting Past No,* and Getting to Yes with Yourself*
- Carlos Castaneda, The Teachings of Don Juan*
- Thomas Hübl & Julie Jordan Avritt, Healing Collective Trauma: A Process for Integrating Our Intergenerational and Cultural Wounds*
- Thomas Hübl’s Academy of Inner Science
- Thomas Hübl’s website: https://thomashuebl.com
- Thomas Hübl’s YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thomashuebl
- Thomas Hübl, Modern Mystic – Principles for Living Consciously: Thomas Hübl in Conversation with Stephan Breidenbach*
* As an Amazon Associate, Deep Transformation earns from qualifying purchases.
Thomas Hübl is a renowned teacher, author, and international facilitator whose lifelong work integrates the core insights of the great wisdom traditions and mysticism with the discoveries of science. Over the last two decades, Hübl has taught and facilitated programs with more than 100,000 people worldwide. His events have focused on processing the collective trauma of racism, oppression, colonialism, genocides, and the complexities of those regions and groups which experience multiple historic and current challenges. He is the author of the book Healing Collective Trauma: A Process for Integrating Our Intergenerational and Cultural Wounds, which outlines his methodology called the “Collective Trauma Integration Process” as a safe framework for guiding groups through collective trauma. His non-profit organization, the Pocket Project, works to support the healing of collective trauma throughout the world. Hübl’s educational organization, the Academy of Inner Science, offers a master’s and doctoral studies program in cooperation with universities in Europe and the US. In 2020, Hübl received an honorary doctorate from Ubiquity University in California for “his pioneering work in the field of trauma.” He has been teaching workshops and presenting trainings for Harvard Medical School since 2019.
Podcast produced by Vanessa Santos and Show Notes by Heidi Mitchell
Presented by iAwake Technologies’ innovative, sound tech infused, brain wave entraining audio track
“I love this product. It creates deep, sustainable, meaningful change for me on bodily, emotional, personal, human levels.”~ Sebastian Stark
“I am a long time meditator and reflective transformation practitioner and find these tracks to be what takes me to the ‘next’ level in dealing with challenges, whether they are on the surface, or deeper issues. Many times the effects are still there long after the session.”~ Cynthia Entringer
iAwake Technologies was founded in 2010 with the mission of helping the world to heal, wake up, and evolve, through creating and offering cutting-edge, transformational technologies and promoting and inspiring their skillful use in our daily lives.
iAwake’s unique approach to session design entrains both our nervous and our subtle energy systems by combining traditional entrainment methods with newer applications based on the power of resonance. In addition to increasing intelligence, creativity, flow, and skillfulness in practically any activity that requires the human body-mind, with iAwake Technologies, we enter into deep healing brainwave states almost immediately while listening to these audio tracks.
To see what we are talking about, download a free sample of Stealing Flow’s Warm-up track here for a 25-minute, full-spectrum, whole-brain workout.
“I have enjoyed many [meditation technologies] but my VERY favorite meditations come from a company called iAwake Technologies. The science behind their technology is impeccably researched and I don’t think I have ever gone so deep into my practice as when I use their meditation tracks. Actually I bought so many and sent so many people to their website, they wrote to find out who the heck I was!”~ Colette Baron-Reid, world-renowned intuitive counselor, psychic medium, author, TV personality, and radio host. They call her the Oracle.